After completing her degree in psychology, she became a clinical research assistant and postgraduate tutor at Cardiff University’s School of Psychology.
In this role, she conducted empirical research trials, in addition to writing a paper on the ‘Temperamental Differences among Infants and Methods of Assessment’. This was critical as a catalyst for Katie’s subsequent interest in the physical and psychological impact of the stress response.
Following the completion of her masters in psychology, she took on the position of Seminar Leader and Lecturer in Organisational Psychology and Statistics at Cardiff University’s Business School.
Katie studied for her Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and worked as a primary school teacher for two years, prior to completing her Doctorate in Educational Psychology.
Over a three-year period, Katie worked as an Educational Psychologist in Training (EPiT) for Wrexham, Bristol and Gloucestershire Local Authorities (LAs).
She worked as a qualified educational psychologist (EP) for Gloucestershire Educational Psychology Service for ten years, before setting up her private consultancy practice.
In her role for Gloucestershire, Katie specialised in emotional well-being, in addition to leading research projects and interventions around person centred planning for transitions and contributing to the Gloucestershire Guidance for Professionals Working with Children and Young People (0-25 years) with Additional Learning Needs including Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
Upon establishing her private practice, Katie has also qualified as a clinical hypnotherapist, rapid transformational therapist, sandplay therapist, children and young people’s yoga and meditation teacher, pellowah energy healing practitioner and level 1 and 2 crystal sound healer.
Katie is a regular guest speaker at universities, providing talks to students on holistic psychology and educational psychology.
In addition to her individual private work, Katie is commissioned by a variety of schools, agencies and organisations, including state and private sector schools, social services and the victim support service.
She is passionate about sharing her vision for early intervention and inclusion for all individuals. Her professional work demonstrates the highest ethical standards, genuine respect for the welfare of her clients and a robust understanding of the latest research and evidenced based therapeutic approaches and frameworks.
Katie is a mum of two and lives in the Cotswolds. She is an advocate for the restorative benefits of yoga, meditation, mindfulness, quality family time and long walks in nature.
Qualifications & Professional Memberships
- Chartered Psychologist (CPsychol) with The British Psychological Society (BPS): 421104
- Registered Practitioner Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC): PYL27871
- Doctor of Educational Psychology (DEdPsy)
- MSc Psychological Research Methods with Distinction
- BSc Hons Degree in Psychology
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education – Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in Primary Studies (PGCE)
- Certified Hypnotherapist (C.Hyp)
- Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist (Cl.Hyp)
- Certified & Licensed Rapid Transformational Therapist (RTT Therapist)
- Certified Children & Young People’s Yoga Teacher
- Certified Pellowah Energy Healing Practitioner
- Certificate in Jungian Sandplay Therapy (Association of Sandplay Therapy, AST)
- Level 1 in Crystal Sound Healing (accredited by the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine)
- Level 2 in Crystal Sound Healing (accredited by the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine)
- Member of the BPS Division of Educational and Child Psychologists
- Enhanced Certificate with the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
- Data Protection Registration – Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) Register of Data Controllers
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
“As far back as I can remember I suffered from acute anxiety, which persisted throughout my childhood and beyond. This manifested in various ways including anger, hypersensitivities, extreme perfectionism, self-sabotage, fear of public speaking, procrastination, as well as a variety of physical ailments.
I sought to manage these symptoms through traditional ‘talk therapy’ approaches and medication…whilst the visible signs of anxiety were temporarily mitigated, I still felt the anxiety hanging over me in everyday life.
It wasn’t until I discovered the underlying root causes that I was able to finally break free from the anxiety and medication for good.
Since I was able to treat such a pervasive issue in such a short space of time, all without the need for medication, I decided to train in these critical tools and techniques so that I could offer my clients the same profound and enduring positive change.
I am a huge advocate for promoting deep and life-changing paradigm shifts for clients, in a solution-oriented and time efficient way, without the need to spend weeks, months, or even years in therapy.
My experiences have led me to this point for a reason – all the therapies I offer truly resonate with me on a personal and professional level and I am grateful to be in a position to share this knowledge.”